After School Child Care
Through 3rd grade (9 years old)
Children Kindergarten through third grade (nine years of age), during the school year, are enrolled in an after-school program.
The program provides opportunity to do homework, outside play, games, art, and other activities.
During school breaks and during summer, RUMC-ECDC has a school-age enrichment program. A variety of activities and field trips are planned.
Who is Responsible for Providing or Retrieving Materials for Homework - The child and/or parent are responsible for providing all necessary materials for successful homework completion. If the child does not have the needed materials for his/her homework, it is not the responsibility of the Center to provide these or any materials needed for the completion of homework.
RUMC-ECDC After School Program is not a tutoring program. We are staffed to work with students in a group setting and, therefore, cannot devote one-on-one tutorial assistance to each child for homework purposes. Staff members will provide assistance in the form of clarification of instruction and supervision. It is our goal to encourage the children to stay on task and work productively.
Schedule - After School Program, 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Snack
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.: Toileting/Hand washing
- 3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Homework (if no homework, Center educational projects, service projects, board games, fine motor skill activities)
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.: Outside
- 5:15 p.m. — 5:30 p.m.: Snack
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Free Choice (outside or inside play depending on weather); children may also choose to continue working on homework or Center projects/Parent pick up